Buying Top Action Figures and Vintage Toy Collections
Whether you choose to sell an individual toy or a complete toy sets, you’ll always receive top dollar.
Action Figures and other Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Comic Book related toys are a field of collection that require very specialized knowledge to accurately assess value. Chad Busby, the owner of Busby Antiques & Collectibles, has worked in this area of collecting for over 32 years, and has that knowledge! If you have any action figures to sell, contact us.
We are always interested in Buying Action Figures and Vintage Toys collections. If you have inherited a collection and are not sure of the quality or value, here are some quick tips to give a high-level evaluation of your collection:
- Is the collection loose (no packages) or still in the original packaging?
- If loose, where the toys childhood toys that have been played with, or were they adult-collected and complete with all accessories? Just as with comic books, condition of both the toy and the package is a huge driver of value.
- What is the approximate age? Many loose toys will have a copyright date and maker’s name somewhere on them. If they are in the package, there should be information on the back of the card.
- 1960s Super Hero Action Figures like 8” Megos are in very high demand. As are early Star Wars figures and toys from the 1970s. The 1980s had lots of highly collectible action figures from the Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars and DC Super Powers collections, and of course, the ever-popular GI Joe Action figures.
- There are tons of TV and Movie related toy collections (Star Wars) that have great value.